Sun 05 Jun 2011 – SDL Swing Dance Picnic: June 2011 EditionJune 5, 2011 8:00 pm Events Feed
SDL Swing Dance Picnic: June 2011 Edition
Sunday, June 5, 2011
2:00pm - All Ages
Regent's Park (map)
Just enter Regent's Park where Hanover Gate meets the Outer Circle.Then take the the first path on your right.This will take you past the Children's Boating Pond on your left.We'll be in our picnic oasis under the coverage of two interlocking trees, in front of the Boathouse Cafe.
Swing Dance Picnic: June Edition, on Sunday, 5th June, 2011
Next To Regent's Park Boathouse
The series of summer picnics begins next month at Regent's Park with fresh new music, a dance class, live music and entertainment! If the weather has a tantrum I should have an alternative venue, so keep alert
for the latest info on venue details on this page or my back-up mobile:
07910 028 075
1. THE SWING NINJAS - dirty horn Gypsy swing trio
For one 40 minute session - definitely not to be missed!
Check out the Swing Ninjas at:
2. A FREE hot shag dance class from top-notch professional teacher Taina Kortelainen from 'Would You Dance?'.
Check Taina out at:
3. Entertainment from the inimitable Mr John Barnes.
4. DJs (TBA) to bring a new taste of swing to your picnic experience.
5. The thrilling suspense of unknown weather!
6. A beautiful part of Regent's Park with all essential facilities nearby (after many hours research).
7. Dancing in the dappled sunshine of shading trees.
8. Continuous swing music from the swing-beat boom-box of Neil Delany.
1. Yourself, friends & family.
2. A favourite swing track or two to play.
3. Food & drink, maybe even some to share!
4. A fierce determination to have a fun, relaxed attitude.
5. A blanket, suntan lotion, sunglasses, umbrella, wellies and a hoodie!
6. Most important of all, besides your good selves: an azure sky, moderate humidity and a gentle cooling breeze (we live in hope).
Cost: Absolutely Free (Optional donation of £1 to cover cost of batteries).
The triangular island of green next to the Children's Boating Pond and in front of the Boathouse Café, Regent's Park.
Nearest tubes: Baker Street and Marylebone.
Nearest mainline overground station: Marylebone.
Just enter Regent's Park where Hanover Gate meets the Outer Circle. Then take the first path on your right. This will take you past the Children's Boating Pond on your left. We'll be in our picnic oasis under the coverage of two interlocking trees, in front of the Boathouse Cafe.
For a map, check out the link below:
Remember, the venue is next to the Boathouse.